1.2.13

The Wrong Side

Sometimes the best match is just all wrong.  

When recently faced with an instance of fabric matching frustration I opted for the reverse side.  

 
The wide hem band is an important feature of this Japanese design and I wanted to cut it in a contrast colour.  The dress is actually made from an old linen table cloth which has a beautifully faded out version of the print visible on the wrong side.  It seems the obvious choice now that it's finished and I couldn't have dreamt a better match.

My niece also scored an outfit for which I had no trouble finding contrasts.  Something to do with being small, super cute and 1....everything looks good together!
 

The Liberty print binding came from L'uccello and the yarn dyed check was a found at Tessuti in Melbourne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment