21.5.13

Sew Gorgeous!

I love announcing new stockists, especially when it's one as ridiculously cute as this.   Located in the Brisbane suburb of Paddington, the Sew Gorgeous "sewing lounge and party parlour", is the latest addition to my little pattern family.


Specializing in themed Hens Parties, Learn To Sew classes and stocking fabrics by Amy Butler & Michael Miller as well as other hard to find and unique fabrics and notions....it sounds completely irresistible.  

I asked owner and sewing teacher Jaye a couple of probing questions.... 

I read about your addiction to pink, how come?
I don't think there is any answer except PINK is amazing!  There is no way you could sit in a room surrounded by pink and not feel like everything is great with the world (unless it's salmon pink, in which case everything is wrong with the world).



Favourite sewing snack food?
Guilt free chocolate balls!  A recipe provided to me by one of my regular students - basically whizz up nuts and dates with some cacao or cocoa powder and roll into balls, delish!

How old were you when you learnt to sew?
I was very, very young.  My grandmother was a seamstress through necessity (a country living woman with six children) and I remember always trying to get involved with her projects.  I used to make all of my doll's outfits, which were always a little...interesting shall we say.

What inspires you creatively?
Anyone who is brave enough to start their own business in the creative field.  Its so hard to share your heart and soul with others but so rewarding at the same time.

Can you share some of your favourite shopping spots in Brisbane for fabric, notions and vintage bits & pieces?
Hands down the Paddington Antique Centre, it's like walking back in time and I could wander for hours through the maze of stalls.  You just never know what you will find and for how much!

  Finally, your favourite coffee shop hangout?
I love Kettle & Tin which is only a couple of doors up from us in Paddington, great coffee and a chilled out atmosphere.

 A class featuring a knicker pattern from The Makers Journal is in the planning and will be announced on the Sew Gorgeous website & blog soon. 
  
Sew Gorgeous
191 Given Terrace
Paddington
phone 0410 033 727


No comments:

Post a Comment