25.6.13

Postman's Sack

 This is the very first work bag I ever bought, I'd searched everywhere and I can remember it cost me an entire weeks salary.  Made in a deep green pebble leather it was the perfect size and shape, sort of like an old school postman's sack.  I loved it to the brink of death.  

  
 One day I'll have it restored but in the meantime I thought I'd have a go at making myself a new one in fabric.  One incredibly complicated pattern making session ensued, bag patterns are not easy!


The printed canvas came from Tessuti and some Liberty print leftovers were used for the lining.  My local bag/shoe repair shop (totally brilliant) added the eyelets and I top-stitched with a heavy thread to add definition.

4 comments:

  1. ...super way awesomeness!...(O:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Please make a pattern for this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nicole, I love wearing it. The original bag is so old even the brand name has come off. I wish this was my design but it was really just a pattern making challenge I set myself.

    ReplyDelete