23.7.13

The Aviator

She was a seemingly fearless adventurer, an aviation pioneer, activist, author and I love both her style and spirit.
 
Amelia Earhart

Inspired I created THE AVIATOR, a cute little cap that covers with style.  For this version I used some vintage buttons that came from L'uccello, the fabrics were found at Tessuti in Melbourne. 

  
For the zig-zag stitching I used heavy top stitch thread and the frill I added just for fun. 


Not sure yet if THE AVIATOR will become a pattern but it's definitely a great way to use up leftovers; I have several more planned!

3 comments:

  1. ...awesomeness! ~ bravo! ~ a fine honouring indeed! ~ and ~ the frill sets the whole deal!...(O:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes! Definitely turn this one into a pattern... such a cute alternative to a beanie in winter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, I'm so glad you like it. Working on the PRETTY BLOUSE right now and then the JUMP PANT followed by the BATHING SUIT TOP and the BIG VEST...will try to sneak it in for you :-)

      Delete