4.9.14

The White Dress

Looking through some older collections I came across one from Chloé circa 2006; at that time the design team was lead by Phoebe Philo.



There's a group of styles all in white and trimmed with frills, lace and some incredibly pretty appliqués which I just love.  Look how great the flash of purple and pale beige looks against the white.


 Inspired I adapted the pattern for the POCKET TOP adding the straps plus a wide double layered hem frill (finished width 18.25cm plus 5.5cm of lace).  Instead of buttons at the front I inserted two lines of cotton lace.  The pattern for the POCKET TOP is now available in my Etsy shop in sizes 6 to 14.


The dress is made in a linen found at Tessuti in Melbourne and the lace was donated to the cause by a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment